- Sep 2015 - The Washington Post: "4 ways to feast on Turkey’s rich culture" —During Turkish Restaurant Week, diners can enjoy prix fixe lunch and dinner menus that include specialties like imam bayildi (stuffed eggplant) and Adana kebab at Zaytinya.
- Aug 2015 - Washingtonian Blog: "Here’s What Our 100 Best Restaurants Have Planned for Summer Restaurant Week" —One of the more popular Restaurant Week spots books up quick—make reservations for José Andrés’s Greek/Turkish mezze spot soon.
- Jul 2015 - Thrillist: "The 16 Most Important Restaurants in DC" —Many of DC’s top chefs who’ve gone on to open their own restaurants did a stint in this high-volume, high-pressure kitchen, churning out tasty Mediterranean small plates. We bet you’ve heard of a few: The Red Hen’s Mike Friedman, Ripple/Roofers Union’s Marjorie Meek-Bradley; and Mike Isabella of Graffiato/Kapnos.
- Jul 2015 - The Culture Trip: The 10 Best Restaurants in Washington, D.C.'s Chinatown —Zaytinya is an Eastern Mediterranean restaurant by José Andrés, and features a selection of small sharing plates, great for intimate meals out with family or friends.
- Jul 2015 - ABC News: Lamb Burgers, Anyone? The Other Red Meat Is Suddenly Hot —Offer them an Adana kebab — spiced ground lamb wrapped around a skewer and grilled to sizzling perfection — and you may have a new lamb fan.
- Jul 2015 - Washington DC Eater: The 38 Essential D.C. Restaurants, July 2015 —It's hard to go wrong with the ever-changing menu of Mediterranean dishes. The buzzy restaurant has delicious brussels sprouts, flatbread and octopus small plates, and a number of fun festivals throughout the year.
- Jun 2015 - Washington DC Eater: Dish of the Weekend: Shellfish Quwarmah at Zaytinya —This seafood stew could easily become one of my all-time favorites on the Zaytinya menu. It's accented with shrimp, scallops and mussels, but the real highlight is the rich, almost mysteriously-spiced broth.
- Apr 2015 - Fox 5: Greek Easter —Zaytinya prepares for Greek Easter
- Apr 2015 - ABC Lets Talk Live: Easter Recipes with Chef Michael Costa —Zaytinya's head chef, Michael Costa, came by to show us how to pair your Easter lamb with yummy, traditional Greek sides.
- Nov 2014 - Washington Post: My Favorite Spot: Ivanka Trump’s got a couple in the District —"The 33-year-old also loves chef José Andrés. 'A genius,' she called him. His Mediterranean tapas resto Zaytinya is a favorite. "
- Oct 2014 - The Culture Trip: DC's Top 10 Tapas Hotspots —Zaytinya is an award-winning Mediterranean eatery in Washington, D.C. that frequently draws an after-work crowd of upscale urbanites.
- Oct 2014 - Washington Post: The Best Places to Eat in D.C. —Best Mediterranean: Zaytinya. The authenticity behind Zaytinya makes its Middle Eastern and Mediterranean small plates stand out.
- Oct 2014 - Washington Post: Fall Dining Guide 2014 —Mezze are to the Middle East what tapas are to Spain and dim sum is to China: good things in small packages.
- Sep 2014 - The Wise Latina Club: Zaytinya Grape Festival —Spoonful of Good Food and Politics
- Sep 2014 - Star Chefs: Chef Michael Costa of Zaytinya —Biography
- Sep 2014 - Tasting Table: Flight of the Concord —Chefs take Concord grapes way beyond PB&J
- Aug 2014 - The Daily Meal: 10 Best Restaurants in Washington, D.C. —Zaytinya ranked No. 6 on the list
- Jul 2014 - CBS Local: Best Restaurants in Washington, D.C. Worth the Hype —This small plate Mediterranean restaurant transports you to Turkey, Greece or Lebanon
- Jul 2014 - New York Post: Hungry for Power? Eat your way through the nation's capital. —Young interns and lobbyists take up the community tables at the Middle Eastern restaurant Zaytinya
- Jul 2014 - DC Eater: 38 Essential Washington Restaurants, July 2014 —Zaytinya ranked No. 11 on list
- Jun 2014 - Washington Post: You don’t have to be a World Cup fan to eat world-class food —Greek: Zaytinya offers Mediterranean mezze
- Apr 2014 - NBC Washington: Zaytinya Chef Shares Loukoumades Recipe —WATCH VIDEO: Zaytinya Chef Michael Costa demonstrates how to make loukoumades
- Feb 2014 - AFAR: Come for the Mezze Stay for the Drinks —Zaytinya serves up a variety of Mediterranean tapas inspired by traditional dishes from Greece, Lebanon, and Turkey
- Feb 2014 - The Daily Meal: 101 Best Restaurants in America for 2014 —Zaytinya ranked No. 97 on list (SLIDESHOW)
- Jan 2014 - WUSA9: Using Cooking to Experience Greek Culture —WATCH VIDEO
- Jan 2014 - The Washington Post: Paspalas, Greece’s all-day egg dish —Zaytinya's executive chef Michael Costa is preparing pig and paspalas for Choirosphagia
- Jan 2014 - Washingtonian: 100 Best Restaurants of 2014 —Zaytinya ranked No. 24 on the list.
- Jan 2014 - New York Times: A First Lady at 50, Finding Her Own Path —First Lady Michelle Obama enjoys brussels sprouts and dirty martinis at Zaytinya
- Zaytinya included in the Washington Post's top ten of their 100 Very Best Restaurants of 2013 list. —Zaytinya Named Washington's 100 Very Best Restaurants of 2013
- Zaytinya along with Jose Andres DC area restaurants are highlighted in the December 2012 issue of Delta Sky Magazine —Zaytinya featured in Delta Sky's "My Favorite Street"
- The results are in for Express Night Out´s Best of 2012 issue in which Zaytinya has been named Best Mediterranean Restaurant! —Zaytinya Named Best Mediterranean Restaurant in Express Night Out's Best of 2012!
- The Washington Post's review on Zaytinya awards the restaurant with three stars. —Zaytinya featured in the Washington Post's 2012 Fall Dining Guide
- Getting married? Whether you have an intimate group or a guest list of up to 300, consider hosting your wedding reception at Zaytinya. Check out the virtual venue tour brought to you by United With love for inspiration —“Virtual Venue Tour: Zaytinya” United With Love, January 19th, 2012
- Zaytinya was highlighted as an editor’s pick in The Washington Post’s Lunch review —"Lunch break review by Justin Rude" The Washington Post, June 17, 2011
- Check out The Hill’s review of Zaytinya highlighting Head Chef Michael Costa —"Zaytinya: As big and bold as ever" The Hill, June 16, 2011
- Nycci Nellis highlighted the Greek Easter promotion at Zaytinya on WTOP —"The List: Are You On It" on WTOP radio, April 17, 2011
- Greek Easter appeared in the April 14th edition of the blog eatWashington —www.eatWashington.com, April 14, 2011
- "Zaytinya raises a glass with its four-day festival of ouzo, including infusions, specialty cocktails and ouzo-based dishes. The restaurant will offer flights ($12) of ouzo infused with plums, peaches and apricots from the summer's farmers' markets. The dishes will include ouzo sabayon ($8) and a salad with honey-ouzo vinaigrette ($8). " —"Ouz the Boss", Tasting Table DC, November 18, 2010
- "If you love the flavor of licorice/anise, and can’t get enough of liqueurs like Raki, Arak, Sambuca or Pastis, then you’ll want to head over to Washington, DC’s Zaytinya between November 18-21, when José Andrés’ ThinkFoodGroup’s mezze restaurant (701 9th Street NW, Washington, DC, 202.638.0800) will be hosting a four-day celebration of ouzo-inspired fun." —"Got Ouzo", www.kellymagyarics.com, November 17, 2010
- The Washington Examiner highlighted the Ouzo Festival at Zaytinya as part of their weekend guide —"Picks of the Week: Events to Sink Your Teeth Into (Week of November 14, 2010)", the Washington Examiner, November 14, 2010
- Events manager, Hillary Patriquin, was interviewed by the Washington Business Journal for a story about holiday party business. After two bleak years, holiday party business is back. Patriquin explained that guests are booking bigger parties, not cutting corners like the past couple years and booking earlier. (Please note viewing the whole article requires a subscription.) —"Hospitality sector abuzz with corporate holiday bookings", the Washington Business Journal, Wednesday, November 10, 2010
- Chef Mike Costa was featured in Metrocurean's "Five Bites" column —"Chef Five Bites: Michael Costa", Metrocurean, October 15, 2010
- Zaytinya head chef Mike Isabella shares some of the Greek Easter recipes for side dishes and dessert that he's serving at the Penn Quarter restaurant. —"Zaytinya's Greek Easter dishes", the Washington Post, March 31, 2010
- In Greece, Easter isn't just a Sunday of bonnets and egg hunts: It's a multiday affair with a giant feast at the end. And instead of chocolate eggs, the Greeks look forward to traditional cookies. Chef Mike Isabella of Penn Quarter's Zaytinya has resurrected the tradition —"Bake Sale: Zaytinya makes cookies for your Easter basket" Tasting Table Washington DC, March 30, 2010
- Let’s Just Graze: Zaytinya (701 9th St., NW; 202/638-0800; zaytinya.com), with its Greek- and Middle Eastern-inspired small plates prepared by Top Chef bad boy Mike Isabella —Washington Flyer magazine "Sublime Dining, Great Plates 2010", March 2010, (PDF)
- Jose Andres and his crack team of cooks put out a spread like few others, anywhere. The dips and salads, seafood and meats are reliably luscious, and if you like steak tartare, the raw kibbe ("freshly ground," a waiter trumpets) garnished with radishes and fresh mint is a must. —Tom Sietsema "2009 Fall Dining Guide", the Washington Post, October 18, 2009
- José Andrés’s reimagined Greek, Turkish, and Lebanese mezze have purists admitting that these clever redos are often better than the classics. —#37 Washingtonian magazine's "100 Very Best Restaurants, January 2009, *** (out of 4)
- Magically blending both scene and substance —#2 most popular restaurants, ZAGAT’s Washington, DC/Baltimore, 2009
- The earthy flavors of Greece, Lebanon, and Turkey reconceived as dazzling nibbles by chef José Andrés at this stylish Penn Quarter mezzeteria. —#28 Washingtonian magazine's "100 Very Best Restaurants", January 2008, *** (out of four)
Zaytinya “Upscale Casual Restaurant of the Year” nominee, the Restaurant Association of Metropolitan Washington, 2009, 2010
Chef Mike Isabella “Rising Culinary Star of the Year” nominee, the Restaurant Association of Metropolitan Washington, 2009, 2010
The Washington Post Best Bets Best Outdoor Seating
Washingtonian magazine’s 100 Very Best Restaurants, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
The Washington Post Dining Guide, 2006, 2009
#2 in ZAGAT’s most popular restaurants in Washington, DC, 2009 “Magically blending both scene and substance”
Wine Spectator Award of Excellence, 2004
Conde Nast Traveler magazine “Top 75 New Restaurants in the World” 2003
Food & Wine magazine “Where to go Next: The Year’s 10 Best Openings,” 2003
James Beard Foundation “Best New Restaurant” Nominee, 2003